Products rich in vitamin ABCDE and K. How they benefit us– In order to provide the body with all the necessary vitamins and to avoid shortages, it is necessary to stick to a balanced diet rich in various fruits and vegetables.
Products rich in vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K are mainly fruits and vegetables – but not only! Today we will present you a complete list of the most important sources for health vitamins.
Why are vitamins important?
Vitamins are inorganic substances that do not contain calories. They play the role of coenzymes in chemical processes occurring in the human body. They are necessary for the optimal functioning of many organs.
The human body produces and synthesizes some of the necessary vitamins on its own. But that is not enough. We need larger amounts of these important ingredients, and their best source is a healthy diet.
Although many foods contain vitamins, none contain them all at once. On the other hand, some types of products contain much more vitamins than others.
So far, scientists have discovered 13 types of vitamins. They are vitamins: A, B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B8, B9 and B12 ), vitamin C, D, E, and K.
Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat soluble. So that the body can assimilate them, fats must be present in our diet. Other types of vitamins are water-soluble vitamins.
Products rich in vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K . How they benefit us?
Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant. It is also – in the right portions – very healthy for our eyes.
- Vitamin A is found in the liver. Other valuable sources include carrots, turnip leaves, and spinach.
- You will also find a lot of vitamin A in butter, cream, and eel meat.
Vitamin B supports metabolism at the cellular level. They also take part in the transformation of carbohydrates into energy.
- All kinds of meat and dairy products contain vitamin B.
- Another valuable source is legumes, cereals and dried fruits and nuts.
- Vegans should remember that vegetables do not contain vitamin B12. A good idea is, therefore, to supplement the diet with natural supplements such as brewer’s yeast and wheat germ.
Products rich in vitamin C
This most popular vitamin is primarily a powerful antioxidant. What’s more, vitamin C promotes the production of collagen, contributes to wound healing and is involved in breathing processes. And these are just a few points from the long list of benefits.
- Products rich in vitamin C are primarily fruits and vegetables. Pay special attention to kiwi, red currants and citrus fruits.
- Peppers, broccoli, cabbage, and spinach also provide you with a large dose of this important vitamin.
- The best animal sources of vitamin C are milk and liver.
Vitamin D is often called a vitamin of the sun. The human body is able to produce it when our skin is in contact with the sun’s rays. The best way to compensate for deficiencies is therefore reasonable sunbathing.
Vitamin D is crucial for bone health. It helps the body to absorb calcium.
When it comes to food sources, here are products rich in vitamin D:
- Fish, especially fatty foods (salmon, sardines, tuna, etc.) and oils from these fish contain a lot of vitamin D. The highest concentration you’ll find in cod oil.
- Vitamin D is also added to many foods such as milk and breakfast cereals.
Products rich in vitamin E
This vitamin is known for its reproductive function. It is also an antioxidant, strengthens muscles, contributes to the optimal use of vitamin K by the body and protects the stability of vitamin A.
- The best products rich in vitamin E are fatty fish, seafood and eggs.
- Green leafy vegetables are also very rich in this vitamin.
- It is also worth paying attention to cold-pressed vegetable oils (especially wheat germ oil).
- You can also find this vitamin in almonds, nuts and sunflower seeds.
The most important role of this vitamin is to prevent the formation of blood clots. The human body absorbs vitamin K in the intestines. It also takes part in bone synthesis and prevents problems with the heart.
Grow mushrooms at home – 1 practical tips
- If you are looking for good sources of vitamin K, eat often kale, spinach, turnip, parsley and leaf beetroot.
- It is also worth eating liver, fish, beef, eggs and cereal products.
Knowing what products are rich in specific types of vitamins will help you prevent shortages that can cause many unpleasant health problems.
We are still striving for health through nutrition. It’s the right direction! It is therefore important to know the foods rich in vitamin A, B, C, D, E, and K.
There are many multivitamin products on the market, but it is definitely worth providing the right dose of health through diet on a daily basis and using supplements only in exceptional cases.
A few comments on the appropriate doses
The adoption of vitamin, mineral and other supplements has become very fashionable in recent years. Partly this trend is the result of the prevailing obsession to remain young and to maintain a beautiful appearance.
- The truth is that taking additional portions of vitamins will not necessarily allow us to achieve this ideal goal. Sometimes supplying the body with too high doses of vitamins can even hurt us.
- For example, an excess of vitamin C in the body leads to a decrease in the level of copper. It can also cause abdominal pain and the formation of kidney stones.